New Zealand Veterinary Journal
- About us
- For veterinary professionals
- For the public
- Jobs & Classifieds
- NZVA positions and resources
- Contact us
- 2021 Conference
The New Zealand Veterinary Journal (NZVJ) is an international journal publishing high quality peer-reviewed articles covering all aspects of veterinary science, including clinical practice, animal welfare and animal health. It ranks in the top 25% of veterinary science journals in the world.
The NZVJ publishes original research findings, clinical communications (including novel case reports and case series), correspondence, and review articles, originating from New Zealand and internationally.
Read the NZVJ
You can visit the NZVJ Journal homepage at Taylor & Francis for the latest issue and the most recently published articles along with special issues devoted to particular topics and other information about the journal
If you are a member you can purchase a print copy for $95 per year.
If you are not an NZVA member, you can subscribe to NZVJ.
Aims and scope of NZVJ
- To be the flagship publication of the New Zealand Veterinary Association (NZVA), publishing evidence-based research by veterinary clinicians and animal scientists.
- To provide a forum for the dissemination of research on animal welfare and the improvement of animal wellbeing.
- To be a highly-relevant educational resource for veterinary and animal science professionals in New Zealand and overseas, including publication of special issues and state of the art reviews, and to inform the wider public on related topics.
- The NZVJ publishes original research findings, clinical communications (including novel case reports and case series), correspondence and review articles, originating from New Zealand and internationally.
- Topics should be relevant to New Zealand veterinary and animal science communities, and include the disciplines of infectious disease, medicine, surgery and the health, management and welfare of production and companion animals, horses and New Zealand wildlife.
- All submissions are expected to meet the highest ethical and welfare standards, as detailed in the Journal's instructions for authors.
All submissions undergo initial editor screening and then are independently peer-reviewed, regardless of source.
- There are no charges for routine publication, unless authors choose to make their article freely available online through the Taylor and Francis Open Select option.
Information for authors
Preparing an article for the NZVJ? Instructions to submit an article can be found here.
For more information on advertising in the NZVJ, email email@example.com.
Sarah Fowler BSc, BVSc, MSc, PhD
NZVJ Office, TEU Building, Turitea Campus,
Massey University, Private Bag 11 222,
Palmerston North 4442, NEW ZEALAND
P +64 6 951 8289
Follow us on Twitter