School of Veterinary Sciences, Massey University - Practicing / Senior Practicing Veterinarian - Palmerston North
The School of Veterinary Sciences at Massey University, Palmerston North, invites applications for a practicing Veterinarian within the Companion Animal Hospital of the Veterinary Teaching Hospital.
We are seeking applications from Veterinarians, ideally with at least two years of clinical experience in emergency and critical care, to work in our Emergency Centre and Critical Care (ECC) Team. There are two permanent positions available, each for approximately 30 hours per week.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional, who possesses excellent communication skills, is self-motivated and has a passion for education. As part of Massey Vets, you will be involved in the teaching of Bachelor of Veterinary Science students.
What we offer
Within our Companion Animal Hospital, you will be working alongside Emergency Critical Care Specialists, Emergency veterinarians and Interns in New Zealand's only Veterinary Teaching Hospital facility. We provide 24/7 Emergency Critical care for Vet clinics throughout the wider Manawatu-Whanganui region. Alongside our Community Practice and Referral clinics, this leads to a both challenging and extremely rewarding work environment. To view a tour of our veterinary teaching hospital please follow this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Lm854MfxE
Both positions are based in our emergency service. The main focus is on delivery of clinical service to clients, support of our rotating interns, and clinical teaching to undergraduate veterinary students. Our AVMA accredited veterinary programme is world-renowned, providing quality, research-led education. The successful applicant will provide high-quality veterinary care as part of a collaborative team of specialists, vets, nurses, interns and students.
You will be part of a rotating roster, involving daytime, evening and weekend shifts. There are no scheduled overnight shifts, to ensure a good work-life balance. There is the opportunity to work alongside our specialist team during the weekday shifts to improve your skillset in the areas of your choice. We encourage ongoing professional development and internal-external opportunities are available.
- You'll need to have a Bachelor of Veterinary Science or equivalent and be registered (or able to be registered) as a veterinarian in NZ
- You'll ideally have at least two years of clinical emergency and critical care experience
- You have the drive to develop your emergency and critical care skills further
- You have the flexibility to work on a rotating roster
- You are empathetic towards the cultural, emotional and physical state of our clients and patients alike
- You have a positive attitude and a passion for teamwork, critical care and client relations
- You have a genuine interest in undergraduate and postgraduate clinical instruction
- You are eligible to work in NZ
Applications close Saturday 24th October, 2020
Enquiries may be directed to Marieke Wijnen, Practice Manager - Companion Animal Hospital, by email on M.Wijnen@massey.ac.nz