- About Us
- For Veterinary Professionals
- For the Public
- Jobs & Classifieds
- Our Partners
- NZVA Positions and Resources
- Contact Us
New Zealand Veterinary Journal article collections
The following article collections cover a variety of topics of particular interest to veterinary clinicians and animal scientists.
Each topic contains review articles, scientific articles and clinical communications that have been published in the NZVJ, mostly since 2010. Just select a topic and you will find the title of the articles with a direct link for downloading the paper from SciQuest.
Subclinical ketosis in post-partum dairy cows fed a predominantly pasture-based diet: defining cut-points for diagnosis using concentrations of beta-hydroxybutyrate in blood and determining prevalence
ANZCVS Most Commendable Paper Award articles
Each year one paper, which has been published in the previous year, is selected to receive the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists (ANZCVS) Most Commendable Paper Award. Particular focus is given to the impact of the paper on the way veterinary science is practiced or influenced, when presenting this award. In some years two papers written by the same author were chosen.
The following articles are those which have been selected since 1990. They can all be downloaded directly from SciQuest.
2013: A serological survey of leptospiral antibodies in dogs in New Zealand - Harland et al.
2005: Reproductive performance of beef cow herds in New Zealand - McFadden et al.
2004: Isolation and molecular characterisation of Neospora caninum in cattle in New Zealand - Okeoma et al.
2003: Cranial Cruciate Ligament injury in the dog: pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment - Jerram & Walker
- Effects of Brucella ovis infection on semen characteristics of 16-month-old red deer stags - Ridler & West
- Effects of vaginal Brucella ovis infection of red deer hinds on reproductive performance, and venereal transmission to stags - Ridler et al.
2001: Anthelmintic resistance in New Zealand - Leathwick et al.
2000: Bicipital tendinitis and tenosynovitis in the dog: a study of 15 cases - Bruce et al.
- A review of selenium deficiency in grazing ruminants. Part 1: New roles for selenium in ruminant metabolism - Wichtel
- A review of selenium deficiency in grazing ruminants. Part 2: Towards a more rational approach to diagnosis and prevention - Wichtel
- Dihydrostreptomycin or streptomycin in combination with penicillin G in dairy cattle therapeutics: A review and re-analysis of published data Part 1: Clinical pharmacology - Whittem & Hanlon
- Dihydrostreptomycin or streptomycin in combination with penicillin G in dairy cattle therapeutics: a review and re-analysis of published data Part 2: Resistance and residues - Whittem & Hanlon
- Cortisol responses of calves to two methods of tail docking used with or without local anaesthetic - Petrie et al.
- Cortisol responses of calves to two methods of disbudding used with or without local anaesthetic - Petrie et al.
1995: A survey of anaesthetic equipment in veterinary practices in New Zealand - Scuffham et al.
1993: Canine hyperadrenocorticism - Cayzer & Jones
- A macroscopic study of the vascular system of the bovine hind limb claw - Vermunt & Leach
- A scanning electron microscopic study of the vascular system of the bovine hind limb claw - Vermunt & Leach
1991: A longitudinal study of the hooves of non-lame cows - Tranter et al.