- Veterinary shortage in New Zealand
- Education Hub
- Wellbeing Hub
- Veterinary Professional Insurance Society
- COVID-19 Resources
- NZVA Mentor Scheme
- Veterinary wellbeing
- NZVA Positions and Resources
NZVA members have the ability track their CPD activity using their NZVA MyCPD record.
Visit the MyCPD website http://mycpd.vetsnz.org.nz to update your CPD records.
For the past 10 years, the Veterinary Council of New Zealand (VCNZ) has made it mandatory for veterinarians to engage in CPD activity to meet their registration requirements.
Currently, this means you must:
- Earn 60 CPD points over a three year period, across three categories:
- Continuing Veterinary Education
- Collegial activity
- Self-directed learning
- Keep a detailed record of your CPD activity for audit reasons
The VCNZ are currently assessing CPD requirements for veterinarians. Once any changes are confirmed, MyCPD will be updated to ensure it makes the Annual Practising Certificate application process easier for NZVA members. At this time members will be able to access their MyCPD records via their NZVA profile and activity records can be entered one of two ways:
- Members can create an activity record for any activity they complete.
- An activity record will automatically show in members MyCPD record if they attend or participate in an NZVA course or event.