- Advocacy and consultation
- Education hub
- Animal welfare hub
- Wellbeing hub
- Veterinary Professional Insurance Society
- COVID-19 Resources
- NZVET Mentor Support
- Veterinary wellbeing
- Veterinary Shortage in New Zealand
The NZVA is committed to providing and being a facilitator for all quality continuing professional development (CPD) for veterinarians in New Zealand.
Scroll through the calendar to see what CPD activities are on offer. If you wish to add a CPD listing or are after our terms and conditions, please scroll below the calendar.
External providers can apply to have their CPD listed on the CPD calendar and/or to have their CPD accredited by NZVA. To apply for a calendar listing for an external company complete this CPD listing form.
Regional network meetings for NZVA members can be listed on the event calendar by completing this CPD listing form.
To apply for accreditation, go to our CPD accreditation page.
Terms and conditions
Once registration for an event has been made an invoice or GST receipt will be sent with a confirmation email. The invoice must be paid within the payment terms stated on the invoice or within seven (7) days of the event (whichever comes first).
Delegates may nominate an alternative person from their same organisation to attend up to 48 hours before the event, at no extra charge. Should substitution not be possible, cancellation charges will apply. All substitutions must be received in writing.
If you are a registered for an event, do not attend the event and fail to notify the NZVA prior to the event, no refund will apply.
Cancellations must be in writing and will incur a NZ$50 administration fee if before 21 days of the event. Any cancellations received within 21 days of the event will incur a 50% fee. Refunds are not available within seven (7) days of the event. All cancellations must be received in writing.
Cancellation/Postponement of Event
- The NZVA reserves the right to make alterations to an event programme, venues and timings.
- In the unlikely situation where an event is being cancelled by NZVA, a full refund will be made. Liability will be limited to the amount of the fee paid by the delegate.
- In the situation of it being found necessary, for whatever reason, that the event is being postponed or the dates being changed, the organiser shall not be liable for any expenditure (e.g. travel and accommodation), damage or loss incurred by the delegate.
- If any re-arrangement or postponement the event can take place, the registration between the delegate and the the NZVA shall remain in force and will be subject to the NZVA cancellation schedule.
It is the responsibility of the delegate to arrange appropriate insurance cover in connection with their attendance at NZVA events. The NZVA cannot be held liable for any loss, liability or damage to personal property.