- The NZVA's advocacy work
- Education hub
- Wellbeing hub
- Veterinary Professional Insurance Society
- COVID-19 Resources
- NZVA Mentor Scheme
- Veterinary wellbeing
- Veterinary Shortage in New Zealand
To help veterinarians identify high quality continuing profession development (CPD), the NZVA, in consultation with the Veterinary Council of New Zealand (VCNZ), has recently developed a new accreditation “tick” for CPD activities.
- Applications for accreditation must be received online.
- Programmes are reviewed by the NZVA CPD team in line with VCNZ standards.
- Processing time will be approximately 3-4 weeks from receipt of application therefore, applications must be submitted at least six weeks before a course commences.
- Programmes cannot be reviewed retrospectively.
- NZVA accreditation for a CPD activity is valid for one calendar year and applications for repeating activities are submitted as ‘repeats’.
- An NZVA accredited activity can be repeated within the one-year accredited period providing the tutors, course content and format remain the same. They can be repeated in a different venue providing health and safety criteria are met.
- CPD points will be assigned to the course in accordance with the VCNZ guidelines.
What activities are eligible for NZVA accreditation?
- Technical and non-technical courses and events which promote the education and wellbeing of the veterinary profession.
- Courses and events that specifically promote a drug, product or service are not eligible for accreditation (VCNZ are looking at changing these requirements).
|Cost||<4 hours||4-8 hours||2 days|
|One off activity (the activity will occur once)||$150||$200||$250|
|2-3 dates (the activity will occur on 2 or 3 occasions)||$200||$250||$350|
|More than 3 dates (the activity will occur on more than 3 occasions)||$250||$300||$350|
|12 month subscription (the activity can be repeated unlimited over 12 months)||$350||$450||$500|
|Webinars - $20 per webinar|
|Conference - price on application|
* All prices exclude 15% GST.
Before you commence the application process, complete the checklist to ensure you have all the information you need.
To apply for accreditation please complete the online or printable application: