Our Vision: to represent a united dairy veterinary profession that is recognised and respected nationally and internationally.
Our Mission: to enable the profession to remain relevant, healthy and sustainable in a changing world, through proactive leadership and being the voice of dairy cattle veterinarians in New Zealand.
We do this by:
- Liaising with stakeholders such as DairyNZ, the Ministry for Primary Industries, Fonterra, DCANZ, Federated Farmers and the Dairy Women’s Network.
- Lobbying on key issues affecting our profession.
- Developing tools, resources, standard operating procedures, policy and services for veterinarians and for farmers.
- Supporting our members by engaging and listening to their feedback and experience.
- Keeping members updated on changes in legislation and developments.
- Helping to develop future-focused professional development for our members through courses, workshops and conferences.
Members receive regular eNews updates and a quarterly print newsletter to keep them updated on the latest in our field.
You can get in touch with our committee at email@example.com
Society of Dairy Cattle Veterinarians Membership
Membership is open to NZVA members by way of an additional subscription fee. To join outside the membership renewal period please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Society of Dairy Cattle Veterinarians members' area
Members of DCV can access their member only area by logging into the NZVA website and selecting 'Groups' from their profile, or directly from this link: DCV members only area