Board nominations open for NZVA Board
Thursday, 19 March 2020
Nominations are now open for one elected position on the Board of the New Zealand Veterinary Association.
- Strategic and business planning
- Organisational leadership
- Process and risk management
- Financial management.
- Board Meetings – minimum of five face to face meetings per annum
- NZVA Events – Annual summit, Annual General Meeting plus events as approved by the Board
- Average commitment two-three hours per week.
Tenure and Terms of Engagement
- Three-year term, for a maximum of three consecutive terms
- Annual Performance Review as per Board Evaluation Policy.
Skills and Behaviours
Effective interpersonal skills, ability to work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and professional status.
Ability to effectively design sound strategic objective and ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting.
Willingness to take calculated risks and stand by collective decisions.
Strong communication skills to effectively manage situations ranging from active listening, public speaking (media), membership events, business leadership, inspiring and/or motivating others.
Understands and recognises when conflicts of interest (commercial or other) exist and ability to manage such conflicts.
- Proven governance experience or ability to quickly ensure capability required for governance role.
- Registered veterinary professional in New Zealand and a member of the New Zealand Veterinary Association.
For the full position description please contact Megan Miller on email@example.com.
Nomination forms are here.
Nominations must be lodged with the NZVA’s Executive Assistant, Megan Miller no later than 5pm on Tuesday 28th April 2020.