97th Annual General Meeting of the NZ Veterinary Association
Thursday, 19 March 2020
The Board wish to advise that, due to the current Covid-19 travel restrictions, a date is still to be determined for the 2020 AGM.
It is envisaged that the meeting date will be no earlier than 28th July 2020. The Board have therefore extended the closing date for Board member nominations to Friday 29th May 2020.
The Annual Report for 2019 will be available on the website by 30th June 2020.
Nominations are now open for one elected position on the Board of the New Zealand Veterinary Association.
- Strategic and business planning
- Organisational leadership
- Process and risk management
- Financial management.
- Board Meetings – minimum of five face to face meetings per annum
- NZVA Events – Annual summit, Annual General Meeting plus events as approved by the Board
- Average commitment two-three hours per week.
Tenure and Terms of Engagement
- Three-year term, for a maximum of three consecutive terms
- Annual Performance Review as per Board Evaluation Policy.
Skills and Behaviours
- Effective interpersonal skills, ability to work with colleagues from diverse backgrounds and professional status.
- Ability to effectively design sound strategic objective and ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting.
- Willingness to take calculated risks and stand by collective decisions.
- Strong communication skills to effectively manage situations ranging from active listening, public speaking (media), membership events, business leadership, inspiring and/or motivating others.
- Understands and recognises when conflicts of interest (commercial or other) exist and ability to manage such conflicts.
- Proven governance experience or ability to quickly ensure capability required for governance role.
- Registered veterinary professional in New Zealand and a member of the New Zealand Veterinary Association.
For the full position description please contact Megan Miller on firstname.lastname@example.org
Nomination forms are here.
Nominations must be lodged with the NZVA's Executive Assistant, Megan Miller no later than 5pm on Friday 29th May 2020.