Calling all companion animal veterinarians – an opportunity to diversify in 2019!
Wednesday, 5 December 2018
The New Zealand Veterinary Association acts on behalf of members to ensure that member wellbeing, advocacy, education and veterinary standards are well supported. Increasing our veterinary services to members is a current focus for the NZVA.
Veterinary Manager (Companion Animals)
Permanent / Fulltime
Applications Close: 7 January 2019, 5.00pm
We welcome applications from candidates who have current experience in a companion animal setting and who are seeking to stretch their communications and business skills. This role is not for the faint-hearted and is ideally suited to someone who is seeking to optimise their broad skillset and knowledge gained over a successful early or middle career.
The objectives of the Veterinary Manager (Companion Animals) are to:
- support key companion animal welfare leadership on behalf of the NZVA and wider profession
- provide personal, professional and technical support to NZVA members
- support the promotion of quality and professional standards that guide the future of service delivery for companion animal veterinarians
- promote and educate the profession and the public on the benefits of pet health insurance
- support the leadership of companion animal health in New Zealand.
The successful candidate will report to the NZVA Chief Veterinary Officer, although contributions to and liaison with the NZVA’s Companion Animal Veterinarians special interest branch make up a significant part of this role.
Download the position description.
For further information or to submit your application please contact Elise Adams, Head of Business and Support Services on 04-495 1148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.