Wanted: Senior Communications Advisor
Monday, 8 October 2018
Permanent/Full-time (40 hours a week) Wellington-based
Applications Close: 23 October 2018, 12pm.
Do you want to use all your skills and experience and do your best work every day for a good cause?
The New Zealand Veterinary Association (NZVA) and Healthy Pets NZ (a charitable trust) have combined forces to create a dream job for an experienced savvy communications professional who loves to be involved with positive and exciting change.
This role offers a mix of autonomy and teamwork in a relaxed professional working environment with smart, caring people, dedicated to supporting the veterinary profession and animal welfare.
The NZVA represents more than 2,200 members – about 75% of New Zealand’s registered practising veterinarians. It has a leading role in advocacy and standard-setting for the veterinary profession and animal wellbeing, and actively supports members’ personal and professional welfare and continuing education. In 2019, the NZVA is completing a significant change project to be fit for the future. This is a great time to come on board and use your skills to design and deliver communications to help the NZVA realise its ambitions.
Healthy Pets NZ (currently known as the New Zealand Companion Animal Health Foundation) was established in 1998 by the NZVA to promote animal health and welfare for companion animals through research and education funded by grants, donations, and sponsorship. The Foundation is about to reinvent itself as Healthy Pets NZ so you’ll be just in time to take this good cause to the next level.
About 80% of this role is allocated to the NZVA and 20% to Healthy Pets NZ. The Senior Communications Advisor will report to the NZVA’s Head of Communications and Engagement, and will also fulfil key reporting requirements to the trustees of Healthy Pets NZ.
We welcome applications from candidates who have current experience in an intermediate or senior communications role and who are seeking a new opportunity that appeals to their hearts as well as their heads. Working in the not-for-profit sector offers a rewarding sense of purpose and a chance to use or build on your breadth of skills and experience.
The objectives of the Senior Communications Advisor are to:
- manage and deliver targeted communications and sponsorship activities that take Healthy Pets NZ to a new level by increasing awareness, promoting activities, increasing funding, and expanding the trust’s influence through education and research.
- provide strategic advice and expertise to give the NZVA a powerful, respected public voice and maintain, protect, and enhance the NZVA’s reputation and position of influence;
- take the lead in developing highly effective news media liaison and support our social media channels to bring the NZVA’s vision to life and drive positive outcomes for the veterinary profession;
- prepare the NZVA’s spokespeople to be great communicators using multiple channels and tools; and
- support an effective integrated communications approach by identifying and creating opportunities to reach our target audiences, and collaborating with NZVA staff and stakeholders to get maximum impact.
For further information or to submit your application please contact Elise Adams, Head of Business and Support Services, on 04-495 1148 or email@example.com.