In New Zealand, horses have many roles: sport, working and pets of course. Veterinarians working with horses must be able to work with all of these classes and the differing needs of their owners.
Like all areas of veterinary practice, expertise in the equine sector is always changing and adapting as new scientific studies are undertaken.
The NZVA have created a selection of courses which will be of value to equine veterinarians at different stages of their career. You can select from one of the NZVA courses listed below to update, improve or extend your equine practice or check out our
CPD calendar to view an extensive selection of CPD offered by other providers.
36th World Veterinary Association Congress 2020
Catch up on what you missed at the virtual Congress and learn at your own pace!
- 100+ hours of recorded lectures available on-demand until the end of September 2020
- Topics relevant to all veterinary professionals including veterinarians, veterinary nurses, large animal veterinary technicians, practice managers and other veterinary staff
Get your subscription for the WVAC 2020 virtual congress recordings now!
Introduction to race day and competition duty
Learn the important skills required for race day duty and other equine events.
- Online: 27 July 2020 | Workshop: TBC
- Tutors: Leigh de Clifford | Roisin Mc Quillan | Fred Pauwels | Jenny Sonis | Michelle Logan | Tony Parsons
Read more about An introduction to race day and competition duty
Upper airway endoscopy roadshow
Learn the basics of equine respiratory endoscopy in this practical seminar.
- Date: TBC | Location: Hamilton, Palmerston North & Christchurch
- Tutor: Andrea Ritmeester | Brian Anderson
Read more about Upper airway endoscopy roadshow