In New Zealand, horses have many roles: sport, working and pets of course. Veterinarians working with horses must be able to work with all of these classes and the differing needs of their owners.
Like all areas of veterinary practice, expertise in the equine sector is always changing and adapting as new scientific studies are undertaken.
The NZVA have created a selection of courses which will be of value to equine veterinarians at different stages of their career. You can select from one of the NZVA courses listed below to update, improve or extend your equine practice or check out our
CPD calendar to view an extensive selection of CPD offered by other providers.
The 10 behaviours of success
Add practical skills to your tool kit to thrive in your work and at home.
- Course 1: 21 October - 4 November | Course 2: 18 November - 2 December 2020
- Tutor: David Keane PhD
Read more about The 10 behaviours of success here
NZVA Wildlife Conference
Looking to increase your skills in bird and wildlife triage? Join us in Nelson for the annual NZVA wildlife Society conference!
- Date: 27-29 November 2020 | Location: Nelson
- Lectures | Workshops | Field trips
Find out more about the NZVA Wildlife conference
2021 NZVA and NZVNA Conference: Stronger together
Next year's conference will bring everyone in the veterinary profession together in Christchurch.
- NZVA conference: 23-26 June 2021 | NZVNA conference: 25-26 June 2021
- NZVA workshops offered on 26 June 2021
- Location: Te Pae Christchurch Convention Centre
Save the date! More information coming soon!
36th World Veterinary Association Congress 2020
Catch up on what you missed at the virtual Congress and learn at your own pace!
- 100+ hours of recorded lectures available on-demand until the end of September 2020
- Topics relevant to all veterinary professionals including veterinarians, veterinary nurses, large animal veterinary technicians, practice managers and other veterinary staff
Get your subscription for the WVAC 2020 virtual congress recordings now!
Upper airway endoscopy roadshow
Learn the basics of equine respiratory endoscopy in this practical seminar.
- Date: TBC | Location: Hamilton, Palmerston North & Christchurch
- Tutor: Andrea Ritmeester | Brian Anderson
Read more about Upper airway endoscopy roadshow