Companion animal veterinarians service a huge variety of species from dogs and cats to a multitude of exotic creatures.
Like all areas of veterinary practice, expertise in the companion animal sector is always changing and adapting as new scientific studies are undertaken.
The NZVA have created a selection of courses which will be of value to companion animal veterinarians at different stages of their career. You can select from one of the NZVA courses listed below to update, improve or extend your companion animal practice
or check out our CPD calendar to view an extensive selection of CPD offered by other providers.
36th World Veterinary Association Congress 2020
Catch up on what you missed at the virtual Congress and learn at your own pace!
- 100+ hours of recorded lectures available on-demand until the end of September 2020
- Topics relevant to all veterinary professionals including veterinarians, veterinary nurses, large animal veterinary technicians, practice managers and other veterinary staff
Get your subscription for the WVAC 2020 virtual congress recordings now!
Get your teeth into best practice dentistry
Improve your techniques in oral surgery and obtain better clinical outcomes.
- Online | Workshop
- Online: 31 August - 13 September 2020 | Workshop: TBC
- Tutors: Tony Caiafa | Craig Hunger | Janine van Dam | John Wood
Read more about Get your teeth into best practice dentistry
Veterinary refresher scheme
A self-directed course for veterinarians returning to companion animal practice.
- Start now!
- Authors: Sandra Forsyth | Kate Hill | Andrew Worth
Read more about Veterinary refresher scheme
Practical echocardiology course
An introduction to obtaining and interpreting diagnostic echocardiograms.
- Date: TBC | Location: Palmerston North
- Tutors: Jacqui Huxley | Mark Owen | Sarah Pemberton
Watch this space! More information coming soon!