In order to help veterinarians identify high quality continuing profession development (CPD), the NZVA has, in consultation with the Veterinary Council of New Zealand (VCNZ), recently developed a new accreditation “tick” for CPD courses.
By choosing an NZVA accredited course veterinarians can be confident that the it meets the required standards for CPD as determined by VCNZ guidelines.
- Applications for accreditation must be received online.
- Programmes are reviewed by the NZVA CPD team in line with VCNZ standards.
- Processing time will be approximately 3-4 weeks from receipt of application therefore, applications must be submitted at least six weeks before a course commences.
- Programmes cannot be reviewed retrospectively.
- NZVA accreditation for a CPD course is valid for one calendar year and applications for repeating courses are submitted as ‘repeats’.
- An NZVA accredited course can be repeated within the one-year accredited time providing the tutors, course content and format remain the same. They can be repeated in a different venue providing health and safety criteria are met.
- CPD points will be assigned to the course in accordance with the VCNZ guidelines.
What courses are eligible for NZVA accreditation?
- Technical and non-technical courses and events which promote the education and wellbeing of the veterinary profession.
- Courses and events that specifically promote a drug, product or service are not eligible for accreditation (VCNZ are looking at changing these requirements).
||Up to 4
|One off activity (this activity will be conducted once
|2-3 dates (the activity will run on 2 or 3 occasions)
|More than 3 dates (this activity will be run on more than 3 occasions)
|12 month subscription (same course can be run unlimited times over a 12 month period)
|Conference - price on application
To ensure you have all the information before you commence the application process download the checklist here
To apply for accreditation please click here to complete the application.