MPI - Principal/Senior Advisor-Animal Health - Wellington
Veterinary Principal/Senior Adviser Animal Health – Readiness Science Products
- Exciting veterinary role for protecting New Zealand’s unique environment.
- Epidemiological modelling and training opportunities.
- Flexible balance between directing preparedness activities and operational responses
Full time permanent role
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the role
The Principal / Senior Adviser - Animal Health is an exciting role at the Readiness and Response Directorate, Biosecurity New Zealand. You will influence the delivery and achievement of response outcomes by the provision of high-quality, well-researched and robust advice, on a range of readiness, response and recovery plans, activities, products and initiatives against biosecurity threats such as Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) and African swine fever (ASF).
Some of your core day-to-day duties will involve the following:
- Develop and deliver readiness science-based activities such as plans and response operational specifications using sound and reasoned information, technical expertise, robust analysis, and well-researched advice.
- Work closely with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders, including primary industries, to ensure that all products, activities, and processes developed are user-centric and fit-for-purpose.
- Actively support and participate in responses if required.
Mōu - About you
A core requirement for this role is a veterinary qualification that is registrable by the Veterinary Council of New Zealand, supported by your expertise and experience in animal diseases and management for production animals.
Additionally, you will have:
- experience working in a government agency (central, regional, or local),
- a strong record in producing top-quality technical writing,
- high-level analytical, evaluation, and problem-solving skills,
- strong verbal, written, and presentation skills,
- proven experience in managing complex projects and stakeholder relationships,
- proven experience in leading and facilitating technical working groups, or
- proven ability to think strategically in offering advice and services to enable delivery of strategic outcomes.
Continuous professional development is valued, promoted, and supported within the team. Please feel free to get in touch with Conrad Cheung, who will be able to connect you to the hiring manager for a confidential conversation.
More information about the role and how to apply can be found here: https://careers.mpi.govt.nz/jobs/MPI21-1566707
The closing date is 25 October 2021