NZVA - Veterinary Manager (Large Animals) - Wellington
The New Zealand Veterinary Association (NZVA) is looking for a talented veterinarian to join our team as the large animal veterinary manager. This is a fast-moving, exciting and challenging role, with a strong focus on advocacy for our members, animal welfare, standard setting and education.
The NZVA is based in Wellington, however location is negotiable and flexible working arrangements are available. There is an expectation that the successful applicant will attend meetings and join the team in Wellington as required.
This position is suited to an experienced veterinarian with:
- a background in large animal clinical practice (ideally with a dairy focus)
- a good understanding of the clinical practice environment, including knowledge of key issues facing the veterinary profession and the primary sector
- a thorough understanding of the role and importance of New Zealand’s livestock/agricultural sector and veterinary involvement in this
- a genuine passion to promote the value of veterinarians in New Zealand
- excellent writing skills, capable of technical, policy, and educative writing styles
- research principles and practices, including literature review
- excellent interpersonal communication skills (confident in delivering presentations in person and digitally, representing views in a group setting and negotiating a consensus position).
To obtain a job description or submit an expression of interest please email firstname.lastname@example.org