Animal Breeding Services - Export Centre and Embryo Transfer Veterinarian - Hamilton
An exciting opportunity is available at Animal Breeding Services (Hamilton) for someone with a genuine interest in production animals and reproduction due to the current Veterinarian returning to his home country.
The responsibilities are varied. A few of the areas you would be involved in are:
- Embryo collection and transfer in cattle, sheep and goats
- Laparoscopic AI in sheep and goats
- Certification of export semen and embryos, ensuring that requirements are met.
- Health plan and treatment of animals on centre.
- Management of FTAI programmes in beef cattle
- Scanning and sex scanning of cattle
The role is fulltime, with minimal weekend work. There will be a mix of working by yourself and working as part of a passionate team. While the position is based in Hamilton, there will be opportunity to travel within New Zealand and Internationally (covid permitting).
There is significant opportunity for you to grow and shape this role, according to your strengths or interests. This role could be equally suited to someone looking for a focus to their career, or a recent graduate looking to create a unique career path.
07 843 3808
027 4727 231