Feline Chronic Pain - Recognition & Management
Ensure cats with chronic pain are recognised and receive the treatment they need and deserve. This webinar is sponsored by Zoetis.
Date and Time
18 October 2021: 7.30pm
- Define the types of pain and recognize which of these contribute to chronic pain. Learn about nerve growth factor’s role in neurogenic pain
- Using osteoarthritis as an example, recognize the maladaptive nature of chronic pain, its clinical presentation and treatment
- Learn how to perform a clinical pain assessment including;
- Identifying at risk cats
- defining and characterizing the pain
- assessing its severity using specific diagnostic tools
- tailor multimodal management for each cat based on severity, intercurrent health issues, cat compliance and owner preferences
Dr. Pru Galloway, BVSc(Distinction), MANZCVS, FANZCVS, Registered Specialist in Feline Medicine
Pru graduated from Massey University with distinction. After two years in clinical practice, she completed a residency in feline medicine at Bristol University.
- A Fellow of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists (ANZCVS) in feline medicine.
- NZ's only Registered Specialist in feline medicine.
- On the feline Chapter Examination Committee of the ANZCVS.
- On the editorial board of the Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery.
- She was the 2016 recipient of the NZVA Companion Animal Veterinarian's service award.
Pru runs a feline referral service 'Catmed' in Wellington. She enjoys all aspects of feline medicine, especially the challenge of cats with multiple health issues.
To register for this event please go to https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/4270723482315140364