Mentoring for Success
An online education program designed in conjunction in the New Zealand Veterinary Association and Veterinary Council of New Zealand with the aim of supporting mentors and mentees to have successful mentorship partnerships.
About the Program
- Online module completion for easy accessibility.
- Designed to be completed in approximately 12 hours.
- Practical implementation activities.
- Specifically designed to support mentors and mentees.
Module 1: The Mentoring Framework
- Mentorship defined
- Responsibilities in mentorship
- Boundaries and professionalism
Module 2: Understanding Learning Styles
- Understanding adult learning
- Understanding behaviour styles
- Understand motivators
Module 3: Communication in Mentoring
- Rapport building
- Communication skills
- Negotiating tension and disagreement
Module 4: Solution Focused Mentoring (mentor only module)
- Practical coaching model
- Using action plans and one-page plans
- Record keeping
- Log on to proskillsonline.com
- Complete interactive content and review module Learning Guide
- Download Implementation Guide and complete activities
- Review module learnings
Access to the course
Once you have registered for the training you will receive an email from the NZVA team with the instructions to access the online course including a unique token number.
For further information about the course please contact the Programme Coordinator Leanne Fecser at email@example.com or for registration enquiries and access to the course contact Rebecca Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org