About the course
Improve your success in treating this difficult condition with new skills, and strategies.
Otitis externa - a common condition that can be frustrating and difficult to treat, particularly in chronic cases. Recent advances and new knowledge is helping specialists in referral practices to develop strategies and techniques to improve success rates in its treatment.
Designed by a group of dermatology experts, this course covers strategies to address biofilms, new methods for antiseptic use, and solutions for widespread and multi-resistant organisms. The online component features a series of interactive presentations, resources and case studies. The hands-on workshop is supported by Storz, a world-class provider of veterinary oto-endoscopes.
You’ll be learning oto-endoscope techniques from a specialist dermatologist to help with everyday decision making that can be applied to a wide range of canine ear presentations in clinical practice..
Download flyer (PDF).
6-8 hours of self-directed, online presentations and related materials will be available two weeks prior to the workshop, which is a full day of demonstrations and hands-on practice guided by experts.
- Improve your otoscopy skills for visualisation, diagnostic sampling and treatment of various canine ear conditions.
- Feel confident with flushing and suction techniques for deep ear cleaning.
- Understand treatment options and recent advances in medical therapy, including otic flushing.
- Become more confident managing inflammatory polyps, aural neoplasia and diseases of the pinna.
- Improve your knowledge and skills in diagnosing the causes of otitis externa.
- Anatomy of the normal canine ear
- Otoscopic evaluation of the canine ear canal
- Otic cytology in the healthy and diseased canine ear
- Causes of otitis externa in the dog
- Medical therapy of canine otitis externa
- Otic flushing in the dog
- Diagnosis and teatment of otitis media in dogs
- Cholesteatoma and aural neoplasia in dogs
- Diseases of the ear pinna in dogs
Mandy Burrows BSc, BVMS, MANZCVS, FANZCVS
Leslie Sauber DVM DACVD
Helen Orbell BSc (Hons) BVSc (Hons) MANZCVS
Debbie Simpson BVSc MANZCVS (Small Animal Medicine) FANZCVS (Veterinary Dermatology)
NZVA member: $975
NZVA member: $500
This course is worth up to 15.5 CPD points when recorded as 15.5 CVE or 4.5 SDL/6 CLA.