of the NZVA
- Camelid Branch
- Club Practitioners Branch
- Companion Animal Veterinarians
- Complementary Veterinary Medicine Branch
- Deer Branch
- Epidemiology, Food safety, Animal welfare and Biosecurity Branch
- Industry Veterinarians Branch
- Large Animal Veterinary Technicians Group
- New Zealand Equine Veterinary Association
- Pig Veterinary Society
- Retired Veterinarians Network
- Society of Dairy Cattle Veterinarians
- Society of Sheep and Beef Cattle Veterinarians
- Veterinary Business Branch
- Wildlife Society
The Wildlife Society of the NZVA was formed to enhance veterinary contributions to the welfare and management of New Zealand's native wildlife, to support research in this field, and to encourage conservation of threatened species.
We do this by:
- Assisting in the veterinary management of New Zealand native wildlife through the sharing of general and technical information
- Producing the technical publication Kokako and a newsletter three times per year
- Running a Google discussion group
- Holding an annual conference to share ideas and encourage conservation of threatened species
You can get in touch with our committee at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through the NZVA office.
Wildlife Society Membership
From 2021, membership is included for NZVA members as part of your annual subscription fee – sign-up when you join or renew your membership. Or, to join outside the membership renewal period please email email@example.com.
Wildlife Society Members' Content
NZVA members can access member only content by logging into the NZVA website and selecting the links in the left navigation.
Wildlife Society Committee
Kate McInnes (President), Melanie Leech (Secretary), Harry Taylor (Treasurer), Anthony Paul Prosee (Editor), Kelly Buckle, Pauline Howard, Samuel Lee and Susan Shannon
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Friday 27 November 4:45pm
The NZVA Wildlife Society Annual General Meeting will be at 4:45pm on Friday 27th November at Trailways Hotel, 66 Trafalgar Street, Nelson 7010.
Please send any agenda items to the Secretary (Melanie Leech) via email firstname.lastname@example.org.