NZVA Awards nomination form
Each year, the New Zealand Veterinary Association (NZVA) proudly recognises significant accomplishments, exemplary leadership, and tireless commitment to our veterinary community. We invite you to consider nominating a deserving colleague or clinical practice for the NZVA’s prestigious awards.
Award nominees must be current NZVA members to be eligible for nomination. To nominate someone, you will need to submit a nomination package. Instructions for compiling the nomination package and submitting a nomination are below.
Award nominations are currently open for the following three awards:
- Young Veterinarian Award (nominations close 31 March 2018)
This award category is open to veterinarians up to the age of 35 years. The Award will honour an individual who has shown outstanding medical, communication, and leadership skills since graduating as a veterinarian.
- Veterinary Impact Award (nominations close 31 March 2018)
This award category is open to all NZVA members. The Award will be bestowed on an individual who has made a considerable positive impact for the veterinary profession, animal health or welfare, or public health during the past two years. Such impact could have been made through any field of veterinary endeavour, for example clinical practice, research, education, or veterinary politics.
- Veterinary Business Excellence Award (nominations close 31 March 2018)
This award category is open to veterinary clinical practices in New Zealand that are run by a veterinarian (who must be a current financial member of the NZVA). If the clinical practice is not run by a registered practising veterinarian, it must be employing NZVA member/s. Candidates may be nominated by any member of the NZVA, including associate members. The Award will recognise demonstrated business excellence that supports employee wellbeing, workplace innovation, entrepreneurial flair, professional leadership and collaboration, and/or customer service in a way that reflects positively on the veterinary profession.
The nomination package includes the online nomination form below and attached supporting documents (see description below).
The selection of award recipients is based solely on the information provided in the nomination package so should be clear and thorough enough for the NZVA Awards Committee to fully evaluate the nomination.
Instructions for completing the nomination package (including maximum number of words or documents) have been set to support a fair process. Nomination packages that don’t comply will not be considered.
- Case for the award: maximum of 1000 words to justify the nomination
- For the Young Veterinarian and Veterinary Impact individual awards, outline the nominee’s key professional accomplishments and what differentiates this person from their peers, any special attributes or contributions to the veterinary profession, and their ability to communicate to others.
- For the Veterinary Business Excellence Award, outline what the clinical practice has achieved to deserve the award and how it demonstrates business excellence through this achievement.
- Media articles written about the nominee (if available): maximum of three applicable articles written within the last two years – in pdf format or by web link.
- Letters of support: maximum of 500 words in each letter; up to three letters for Young Veterinarian and Veterinary Impact awards and up to of five letters for Veterinary Business Excellence).
- Articles written by the nominee: maximum of three applicable articles written within the last two years – in pdf format or by web link.
Please note that:
- Nominees should not be made aware of their nomination, to avoid disappointment in the event that their nomination is unsuccessful.
- Nominators and supporters should only be involved in one nomination in each category per year.
Nominations will be considered by the NZVA Awards Committee and then by the NZVA Board.
- The Board’s decision on who will receive awards is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into about the decision.
- Successful nominees and their nominators will be notified in May 2018.
- Awards will be presented at the NZVA Conference in June 2018.