Board nominations open now
Monday, 19 February 2018
Have you got what it takes to govern and unite?
Nominations for the NZVA Board open now and close on 20 April 2018.
- Are you excited by the changes and developments in the veterinary profession?
- Do you see the nation-building opportunities in our unique and influential role where the wellbeing of animals, people, and the environment intersect?
- Can you bring leadership, governance skills, and business acumen to the boardroom table?
- Do you have what it takes to unify your veterinary colleagues for the good of the profession and the country?
- If you are an NZVA member and answered yes to these questions, or know an NZVA member who can, it is time to nominate for the NZVA Board.
This is your chance to guide the growth of a resilient, sustainable, and aligned profession, and to positively influence significant outcomes that will benefit New Zealanders directly and indirectly.
You are destined to add value if you agree that working for the greater good of pet lovers, farmers, animals of all types, the environment we share, and a country that is a world leader in food production will, ultimately, benefit us all.
Nominations are open until 5pm, Friday 20 April 2018 for three positions on the Board of the New Zealand Veterinary Association.
A nomination form is available here.
Completed forms can be sent to the NZVA CEO, Mark Ward, at email@example.com no later than 5pm, Friday 20 April 2018.
One of the Board's current Directors, Dr Bronwyn Smits, is retiring by rotation this year after serving a three-year term however will be standing for re-election.
There are a further two positions vacant due to the retirement of Dr Alison Dewes and Dr Julie McDade at the end of 2017.
More details about what’s involved in being a board member can be found here.
The NZVA Annual General Meeting
The 2018 NZVA Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be held on Wednesday 20 June, 2.30pm at the NZVA Conference, Claudelands Events Centre, Hamilton.
The AGM of the Veterinary Professional Insurance Society (VPIS) will follow the NZVA AGM.
NZVA members are welcome to attend.