NZVA Chief Veterinary Officer wanted
Wednesday, 17 May 2017
Help the veterinary profession to positively influence the collective wellbeing of animals, people and our environment so we can make a better New Zealand, and potentially a better world.
NZVA Chief Veterinary Officer
As part of the senior leadership team, the NZVA Chief Veterinary Officer will be responsible for guiding and advocating for the NZVA’s position on animal welfare and wellbeing, and speaking on all key technical and regulatory issues on behalf of the NZVA and the profession. They will give professional advice and support to NZVA members, represent the profession to ensure that it continues to be respected and valued by all key stakeholders, and deliver veterinary expertise to important entities closely aligned with the NZVA.
This influential executive role requires a veterinarian with:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience
- A solid clinical background, preferably in mixed practice
- An understanding of practice management and the practicing environment
- A thorough understanding of the role of livestock-based industries in the national economy
- Knowledge of, and an interest in, political and regulatory matters
- Proven leadership in a complex environment
- Strong public advocacy skills.
Applicants will also display the following attributes:
- A self-starter and strong finisher who is structured and can prioritise to achieve results
- Excellent communication, negotiation, collaboration, and relationship management skills
- Professional integrity and the ability to maintain the utmost confidentiality
- An existing network of industry contacts
- Customer- and team-centric.
See the position description here.
For an application form please contact Elise Adams:
Applications close Friday 23 June.