Wanted: Sheep and Beef Cattle Veterinarian of the Year
Sunday, 12 March 2017
The Society of Sheep and Beef Cattle Veterinarians is on the hunt for the Sheep and Beef Cattle Veterinarian of the Year – a person who has had a lasting impact on the health and wellbeing of sheep and beef cattle, and has made a positive difference to sheep and beef farmers.
If you know a sheep and beef cattle veterinarian who deserves recognition for their work, nominate them for this award. Find the nomination information below.
About the award
- Veterinarians can be nominated by colleagues, farmer clients or members of wider agricultural industry.
- Nominations are open now and close 20 May.
- The award will be presented on the evening of Sheep and Beef Cattle Veterinarians annual dinner at our conference in June this year.
- As well as the prestige associated with the award, the recipient will win a mystery weekend for two to celebrate their success, and the costs of attending the conference dinner if not planning to attend.
- The award is judged by the Sheep and Beef Cattle Veterinarians Special Interest Branch committee and, if required, members of the NZVA board. Judges decision is final.
- Nominations are not revealed apart from the winner. The judging process will incorporate how best the following award objectives are met:
- To celebrate success in the veterinary profession.
- To inspire other sheep and beef veterinarians, existing and future.
- To highlight a significant veterinary contribution to the sheep and beef industry in the past 18 months.
The following criteria are required for nomination. The nominee should:
- Be working in New Zealand and a registered veterinarian.
- Have made a significant contribution to the sheep and beef industry in the last 12-18 months
- Have used their position to have a positive influence, either through education, mentoring, advocacy, representation of the profession, media relations, or in other relevant ways at a local or national level.
- Remain informed about the wider profession and contribute to the profession’s success, either through contributing to the New Zealand Veterinary Association or through the branch, and through other industry groups.
- The recipient must be open to promotion of the award by media and promote the profession in good spirit.
2016 Sheep and Beef Cattle Vet of the Year
Read about the 2016 Sheep and Beef Cattle Vet of the Year, Hawke’s Bay veterinarian Harry Whiteside.
How to nominate
Send a 500-1000 word write-up on your nominee to the secretary of the Society of Sheep and Beef Cattle Veterinarians, Simon Marshall at firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 May 2017. Please include your contact details, as well as the contact details of your nominee.