The New Zealand Veterinary Journal (NZVJ) is an international journal publishing high quality peer-reviewed articles covering all aspects of veterinary science, including clinical practice, animal welfare and animal health.
Read the latest issue
Find the latest issue of the NZVJ online here.
Members of the NZVA can read the current issue of the NZVJ here (you'll need to login to SciQuest to view), They can also browse selected papers grouped by topic, in article collections here.
The complete archive of the NZVJ (62 years of peer-reviewed veterinary science) is available online in fully indexed and searchable format on SciQuest.
Aims and scope
Aims of the Journal
- To be the flagship publication of the New Zealand Veterinary Association (NZVA), publishing evidence-based research by veterinary clinicians and animal scientists.
- To provide a forum for the dissemination of research on animal welfare and the improvement of animal wellbeing.
- To be a highly-relevant educational resource for veterinary and animal science professionals in New Zealand and overseas, including publication of special issues and state of the art reviews, and to inform the wider public on related topics.
- The NZVJ publishes original research findings, clinical communications (including novel case reports and case series), correspondence and review articles, originating from New Zealand and internationally.
- Topics should be relevant, but not limited, to New Zealand veterinary and animal science communities, and include the disciplines of infectious disease, medicine, surgery and the health and management of production and companion animals, performance horses and New Zealand wildlife.
- All submissions are expected to meet the highest ethical and welfare standards, as detailed in the Journal's instructions for authors.
All submissions undergo initial editor screening and then are independently peer-reviewed, regardless of source.
There are no charges for routine publication, unless authors choose to make their article freely available online through the Taylor and Francis Open Select option.
Information for authors
Preparing an article for the NZVJ? Find instructions for authors and submission information here.
Subscribe or advertise
Subscribe to the NZVJ
Online access to the NZVJ through SciQuest is a member benefit for NZVA members.
If you are not an NZVA member but would like to subscribe click here.
Advertise in the NZVJ
For more information on advertising in the NZVJ email firstname.lastname@example.org